Carington Hospitality Limited, T/A The Carington Arms are based at 1 Folville Street, Ashby Folville, Melton Mowbray, LE14 2TE. (Referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
This policy aims to give you information about how we collect, use and process/store your personal data, whether that be provided to us online, by phone, by email or in person. The policy is intended to meet our duties of transparency and compliance under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force on 25th May 2018.
WHO WE ARE
The Carington Arms is an independently owned and managed public house based in the village of Ashby Folville, Melton Mowbray. We are a traditional village pub which provides good home cooked food, traditional real ales, drinks and catering for groups and events in both the pub and the nearby Village Hall.
HOW DATA IS OBTAINED
We obtain information that you have provided via:
- Enquiries submitted via our website using the email link
- Enquiries made in person, telephone, email or by social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Carington Hospitality may collect the following data about you:
- Your name and job title (if applicable)
- Your contact details, landline/mobile telephone numbers and email addresses. Postal addresses are rarely taken, and only when you, the customer, prefer this communication method.
- Correspondence and communication preferences
There may be specific instances when we need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Personal data is used to:
- Provide quotations for group bookings or events, and to maintain contact and liaise with you should the event be confirmed
- Confirm bookings made or to contact you in the event that your booking needs to be changed or cancelled.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Maintaining customers data is essential to us and we are committed to keeping personal data safe and secure.
Security measures include:
- We try where possible to contact you by email, and in order to secure this information we have anti-virus and Firewall protection on all computers
- All computers, devices and password protected
- Limited contact details are written down, and where taken are kept only in our manual bookings diary. This diary is on the bar through the day, and is kept in a locked cupboard overnight.
- Internal policies and training of staff setting out our data security approach.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
Carington Hospitality will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary and for the purpose set out in the Policy.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
Carington Hospitality will not share your personal data with anyone, unless you provide express written permission for us to do so.
We will NOT disclose your personal data to any third party.
We will NOT sell customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes
We will NOT transfer information you provide to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- At anytime you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you free of charge.
- In certain circumstance such as where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you have the right to require us to erase all personal data held about you.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date please contact us using the details below.
By submitting your personal information to us you are consenting to the use of that data as set out in this policy
Carington Hospitality may change this policy from time to time so please check that you have the current version. If you are using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Dated: 24th May 2018