Due to the uncertainties around business levels on reopening, we intend to phase the return of our staff and open with slightly reduced hours. We will adjust these as we return to normal levels of demand. Many thanks for your understanding.
See Opening Times
Table reservations, Ordering and service
Our priority is to ensure that your experience is as welcoming and social as possible, whilst taking into consideration the safety measures needed to protect you and our staff. You will notice some changes and, while they may be confusing at first, we ask that you remain considerate of others and take precautions as you have been over recent months.
To manage a phased re-opening of the premises we have made a few tweaks to the way we usually greet you. This system will no doubt evolve over time, and we please ask you to be patient, safe and considerate while we find our feet. Most importantly we will greet you with a smile, and make you feel as welcome as ever!
- We will be adding as much additional seating as possible during the summer months; in a covered marquee area in the car park; in the skittle alley; in the beer gardens to each side of the pub;, and on the village green, kindly supported by Ashby Carington Cricket Team and our Parish Council. Indoor seating will be limited and for a maximum of 6 people per table as government guidelines permit.
- Whether you are dropping in for a drink or a meal pre-booking is essential (please email firstname.lastname@example.org) and proof of address will be needed (e.g. a driving licence).
- Table reservations will be available for tables inside the pub. Since these are now limited early booking is recommended. Reserving tables outdoors is more challenging, but we will try to do so where possible. Please be prepared to provide a full name and contact details when you book.
- Orders will be taken at the table where possible as this is our preferred method. However, should our team be busy, you may come to the bar for faster service. We will have a screen at the bar till for extra safety and contactless payments will be preferred.
- We ask that guests enter the pub through the car park entrance adjacent to the driveway, and exit through the front door. The rear entrance beside the toilets will be maintained for access to the toilet facilities only, and will operate as 1 in 1 out to the ladies and gentleman’s toilets.
- Our summer menu will be a limited selection of customer favourites while we get back to normal service. As soon as we can expand this, we will announce a new menu.
Other precautions to be aware of:
- Sanitiser will be available outside the toilets, on the bar counter and at the entrance to the pub. Please use these as often as you require and take precautions for the benefit of yourself and others.
- Staff will be washing their hands regularly and will need to do so after handling used glassware, crockery or cash – please bear with them if this interrupts your service.
- Tables will be wiped down or sprayed with sanitiser between each customer. If you take a table that has not been cleaned please advise a staff member before you sit, even outdoors.
- Additional bins will be made available outdoors for disposable waste, and we will also provide glass drop tables for you to return your glasses. Please do not return items to the bar, but we thank you for clearing to the drops if you wish.
- We will only be offering sauces in sachets for the time being. This will include salt and pepper. Cutlery will be brought to you with your meal.
- Initially we will have only one person in the kitchen, two at busy times where possible. Please be conscious of this if service times are a little longer than you are used to. We will improve this once we have a better idea of demand.